- Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Ensure that all guests benefit from current, on-going and upcoming promotions.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Assist in the training and development of new employees when required.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Perform various guest services by taking orders, serving food and beverages to the guests promptly.
- Collect payments from guests in a timely manner.
- Check with guests to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Check guests identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, etc.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Other duties as required.