If you're passionate about your community, adore making an impact, thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to make a difference, then we're looking for you!
When you join our team, you’re joining an organization with deep roots, big ideas, and a commitment to doing what’s right. We work as one connected team, and value thinking big, acting local, taking charge, and making things easy.
We look for people who:
- Share our values
- Enjoy having honest conversations, about real things, as real people
- Believe that creating great experiences is totally within their control
- Build positive relationships and an understanding of what people’s needs are
- See solutions and possibilities (not problems!)
- Are simply outstanding at what they do
- Provides information on the full range of investment deposit products and services
- Cross-sells all credit union products, including making referrals to Wealth Management, by analyzing member needs and recommending products or services.
- Processes member transactions such as RRSP, term deposit sales and withdrawals, loan and utility payments, money orders, credit card advances, calculation of foreign and domestic exchange, cheque cashing, and electronic funds transfers.
- Processes appropriate documentation associated with the sale of all credit union products.
- Ensures all policies and procedures in daily activities to meet safety, legal and privacy requirements.
- Lists and balances outgoing cheques, and balances all transactions, vouchers and cash to blotter and terminal daily within established time frames.
- Resolves routine problems with member accounts and deposit instruments referred by members and other branch staff.
- Reviews reports on new accounts and term maturities to identify variances and required action; refers problem areas to appropriate internal personnel for resolution.
- Acts as joint custodian on specified combinations; rents, controls and provides access to safety deposit boxes and maintains related records.
- Provides input into the development and support the achievement of sales targets and marketing plans.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all credit union products and services in order to foster business development through service excellence and product knowledge.
- Reviews Risk Management policies and procedures on an annual basis, including but not limited to, Robbery – BDA procedures, Proceeds of Crime procedures and Working Alone procedures.
- Promotes and participates in branch campaigns/initiatives
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 2 - 3 years of experience in a customer service or administrative role.
- Experience in retail banking.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Completion of courses such as CUIC Courses, Mutual Funds, Credit Union Service Representative Accreditation, etc.
- Mutual Funds license and completion of CAM Proficiency Exam is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and aptitude to learn other programs.
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good aptitude for numbers, with fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Attention to detail.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online or in person at the branch: 110 Railway Ave E, Drumheller, AB T0J 0Y0 or by email to: https://www.ConnectFirstCU.com/Careers