Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Acting, Assignment, Deployment, Indeterminate
$57,430 to $61,877
For further information on the organization, please visit Royal Canadian Mounted Police
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
You will be required to demonstrate how you meet the education and experience criteria (essential and asset) for the initial screening, in answering online screening questions. It is NOT sufficient to only state that the qualifications are met or to provide a listing of current or past responsibilities. Rather, you must clearly demonstrate HOW, WHEN and WHERE the qualification was met through substantiation by examples. Information on your described education and experience provided in the screening questions should be supported by your résumé. Failure to provide the above information in the format required may result in your application being rejected from the process.
All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence and telephone conversations, may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to staff one (1) Indeterminate position in Drumheller, Alberta.
A pool of qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff future indeterminate and /or temporary vacancies in Drumheller, AB within the RCMP.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A secondary school diploma, or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Experience in tracking and/or reconciling budgets.
• Experience providing advice and/or recommendations on administrative practices.
• *Recent experience in employee supervision, including tasks such as: assigning work, scheduling, and monitoring performance.
• Experience using various software programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
*Recent is defined as within the last three (3) years.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
• Ability to supervise.
• Ability to Organize/orchestrate
• Thinking things through
• Working effectively with others
• Showing initiative and being action-oriented
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
• Experience providing administrative, financial or operational support services in a police environment.
• Willingness and ability to work in a busy police environment, which may include exposure to unsettling and /or graphic material.
• Willingness and ability to work overtime, as required.
• Willingness and ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
• Willingness and ability to travel for work and/or training purposes, using various modes of transportation.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)