Red Table Foods is currently looking for an experienced Catering Supervisor to join the Red Table team. Reporting directly to the Food Operations Supervisor, the Catering Supervisor will be responsible to provide food services from a Drumheller secondary school location. As the leading role for this location, you are well-organized, your skills in the kitchen are strong enough to be put to the test by an international student body, and you enjoy collaborating in a uniquely shared environment. You know how to handle food cost well, and possess strong skills in the ‘people’ department too. Please note that this position will support a 7-day operation, including weekends, but as the lead you write the schedule. The ideal candidate is a local person with a strong culinary background who knows the community and can help recruit the small team we need.
· Involved in managing and executing food and beverage service activities for the location
· Ensure locations have all required items to successfully carry out daily tasks
· Review locations weekly to ensure all site requirements are being met (as per location specific scope).
· Order food, beverages and uniforms for the locations as needed.
· Closely monitor food quality and menu design for customer feedback and adjustment
· Establish strong client relationships; ensure any catering events are coordinated successfully
· Manage a shared-use kitchen to align both business and curriculum-based needs out of the same space
· Accurately record and inventory food supplies in a shared environment
· Address any concerns brought forward by the client/customer
· Participate in HR activities relating to staff recruitment and selection
· Develop staff schedules, complete time cards and manage employee time off requests
· Lead employees to meet client expectations for food and service quality
· Coordinate training for new employees
· Coach, mentor and develop staff
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Red Seal certificate in the Trade of Cook preferred; combinations of experience and other technical culinary certifications will be considered
- 2-5 years’ management level hospitality or operations experience.
- Position is subject to criminal record and vulnerability sector checks prior to offer
- Valid driver’s license and clean 5 year driver’s abstract is required.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, outlook, excel, PowerPoint).
- Current Food Safety Certification that is valid in the province of Alberta is mandatory and must be maintained throughout the course of employment.
· Must be a great team player with outstanding interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to take direction and execute time sensitive tasks efficiently.
· Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please submit resume online to https://redtablefoods.com/careers/
Red Table is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.