Red Table is currently looking to fill an hourly position for a Cook, located in Drumheller, Alberta. The Cook will be responsible for preparing a wide variety of foods, developing meal plans, inventory and grocery orders, providing direction to kitchen staff, and ensuring the highest quality of food and baking possible. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Operations Manager and work a 5 & 2 work schedule.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Work independently and/or collectively on the preparation and cooking of specific food items from scratch and/or standardized recipes.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products.
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment.
• Assist with staff development and training.
• Motivate and manage kitchen staff.
• Promote good public relations.
• Maintain HACCP sanitation standards.
• Adhere to Alberta Food Safety Requirements.
• Participates and adopts the safety principles described in the Red Table safety program.
• Has a complete understanding of WHMIS and applies this knowledge in day-to-day work.
• Works in a safe and responsible manner.
• Participates as an integral member of a team.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.