General Statement of Duties: Responsible for keeping patron accounts up-to-date, and for operations necessary to the Library’s day-to-day functions.
Supervision Received: Reports directly to the Director of Library Services. If the Director is not available, the Assistant Director is deputised to advise and correct.
Supervision Exercised: Assists in supervising volunteers.
1. Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of overdue and lost materials and associated billing and secure payment from patrons and/or other libraries.
2. Coordinate Adopt a Subscription program by securing funding from sponsoring individuals and organisations for both existing periodical subscriptions and additional periodicals that will help to ensure a wide variety of topics and perspectives is represented.
3. Participate in developing policies/guidelines related to overdue and lost materials.
4. Ensure that materials checked out by the library for displays and programming are renewed and/or returned in a timely manner.
1. Know and consistently implement the Library Board’s Bylaws and Policies, library guidelines, and established emergency procedures.
2. Contribute to maintaining a positive atmosphere for patrons and visitors.
3. Circulation and front desk duties: Checking materials in and out; Responding to reference, research and resource questions; Processing daily reports and contacting patrons accordingly; Welcoming and orienting new patrons; Training patrons in the use of library equipment and services; Recording relevant statistics.
4. Maintain current operating knowledge of all library equipment, including photocopier, fax, scanner, printers, disc cleaner, filing systems, and telephone answering system.
5. Maintain competency with all current online resources, and train patrons in their use as requested.
6. Assist with Interlibrary Loan services as required, including retrieving, sending, receiving, tracking, and keeping statistics.
7. Assist in maintaining an orderly collection of materials: Assessing materials as they are returned to the library; Recommending new or replacement materials; Participating in regular weeding of damaged and outdated materials.
8. Prepare letters and notices as required, according to standardised templates.
9. Assist with training of volunteers and new staff as needed.
10. Represent the Drumheller Public Library at external events, as requested.
11. Perform other duties, as requested.