Starland County is seeking hard-working and reliable individuals to join our team as seasonal Public Works and Road Construction staff who enjoy working outdoors and operating equipment.
The MINIMUM Requirements for all jobs are as follows:
· Possess a valid class 5 Drivers License
· Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
· Experience operating various pieces of equipment including front-end loaders, dozers, graders, scrapers, packers, etc.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, or work as part of a team
· Always demonstrate and execute safe and skillful operation of equipment
· Physical ability to lift 40lbs
· Variable work hours – required to work early mornings and overtime as requested
Positions available in the following departments are:
· Public Works
o Equipment Operator
o Truck Driver – Minimum Class 3, preferred Class 1
o Public Works Labourer
o Gravel Checker
o Spare Motor Grader Operator
· Road Construction
o Equipment Operators
o Class 1 Truck Driver
Employees are responsible for full cooperation with all aspects of the health and safety program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties. Starland County has a Substance Abuse Prevention Policy in place as a reflection of our commitment to protect the health and safety of employees, co-workers, the general public and the environment. In accordance with this policy, Pre-Employment drug and alcohol testing is required prior to commencing employment.
2. Please indicate which position(s) you would like to be considered for.
3. Please submit your application by March 6, 2020.