This position will report directly to the Parts Manager. The Parts and Service Support Sales Rep will be tasked with increasing the Parts department revenue by promoting our John Deere parts to other dealerships, existing clients and new, potential customers during our slower seasons of the year. Travel is required during this time of the year. The other aspect of the role will include working as a Parts Technician, sourcing and ordering parts for customers or internal technicians during our peak seasons. Please note that this is an hourly wage position, not a commission role.
What does the role look like?
Outside Parts and Service Sales to grow the business at the branch
- Approaching other dealerships to promote our John Deere parts within our line of business
- Travelling to our existing clients and new customers to offer parts directly, especially one's with the space to keep inventory on hand
- Along with promoting our service inspections and mechanical work
Acting as a Parts Technician and/or assisting other Parts Technicians
- Identifying customers or internal technicians needs and ordering parts as required
- Those with minimal parts experience will begin by assisting Parts Technicians until they have acquired the proficiency to source and order parts
- Using an electronic parts diagram
- Assisting Parts Technicians with orders
- Delivering parts to customers