positions are F/T on a seasonal basis from Feb 2021-Oct 2021. Applicants must be able to work in the presence of honeybees. All positions may require some evening, night & weekend work. All applicants must be in good physical condition and able to work in a team environment.
9 APIARY TECHNICIANS (NOC 8431) F/T (40+ hrs./wk.) starting at ($17.00-$22.00/hr. depending on experience. (Possible bonus).
Must have a minimum of 2-3 years (seasons) working fulltime on a Canadian commercial apiary. Duties include:
· Caring for honeybee colonies in the appropriate manner.
· Coordinating the production of replacement bees & equipment.
· Recognizing, reporting, monitoring hive health issues and applying appropriate treatment/controls.
· Harvest & package honey, pollen & beeswax.
· Supervise and instruct other employees.
· Drive (including std transmission & medium duty trucks) & daily maintenance on vehicles.
· Operate & maintain other apiary equipment (including forklifts, chainsaws & pumps).
· Conduct bee yard maintenance.
· Maintaining field and/or production records.
· Monitoring and reporting to management.